Roofer – Commercial Roofing
West Pointe Building Services – Calgary, ABJob Overview
The Commercial Roofer’s is responsible for replacing, repairing, and installing the roofs of buildings using a variety of materials. Roofing involves heavy lifting as well as climbing, bending and kneeling frequently in varied weather. Key Accountabilities
- Ensure quality of workmanship through verification of services;
- Ensure compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery;
- Requisition of materials and supplies;
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of service technology and techniques;
- Install Four Ply Built-Up Roof Systems;
- Install Two Ply SBS Roof Systems;
- Install Single Ply EPDM, TPO and PVC Roof Systems;
- Observe and comply with all health and safety regulations;
- Operate and maintain carpentry tools and equipment;
- Handle and transport job materials to the work area in company vehicle as needed;
- Other duties as required.
Experience and Training
· Valid Fall Protection Certification
· Valid Driver’s License with clean driver’s abstract
Skills and Expectations
- Ability to get to sites on time every day
- Ability to work out of town
- Ability to be a self- starter
- Strong communication skills
- Strong work ethic
This position Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and exposed to outdoor conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt. This position will also be required to perform various laborious tasks and duties and will be expected to lift objects weighing up to 50lbs. The individual will be expected to be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue. Business Overview
West Pointe is the premier roofing company within the industry and aims to deliver the highest quality and customer service in the commercial roofing and building envelope services industry. ?We deliver reliable roofing systems and services attending to the life cycle costing, technical support, education of the envelope of each project and lives to the terms and conditions of all warranted systems and beyond.Why West Pointe
West Pointe’s main goal is to help organizations achieve success. That is why we go above and beyond to demonstrate our commitment to our customers, ensure the safety of our employees, and protect our communities with the highest degree of integrity and enthusiasm. We are committed to sustainable and ethical growth where you can contribute in a meaningful way.
Start your career at one of Alberta’s leading companies. We are looking for people who have the best to offer and provides the same in return. We offer competitive and comprehensive compensation wages, an industry leading benefits package, tuition re-imbursements, and health & wellness programs.
West Pointe is Alberta’s roofing company – meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. As part of West Pointe’s team, you’ll contribute to the ongoing success of Alberta’s premier roofing company – one with a solid track record for growth, a focus on safety and sustainability, tremendous potential for the future and have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.West Pointe Building Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process.