West Pointe Building Services – Calgary, ABJob Overview
The Labourer will be required to perform tasks involving physical labour at commercial construction projects and will be required to operate a variety of tools and equipment in the construction work site. Responsibilities will include cleaning and preparation of work-sites, setting braces to support the sides of excavations, clearing rubble, debris and waste materials.Key Accountabilities
- Clean and perform preparation of work-site;
- Position, join, align, and seal structural components;
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials;
- Utilize pumps, compressors, and generators to provide power for tools, machinery, and equipment, or to heat and move materials such as asphalt;
- Lubricate, clean, maintain and repair machinery, equipment, and tools;
- Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards;
- Control traffic passing near, in, and around work zones;
- Erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, and other temporary structures;
- Load, unload, identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications;
- Measure, mark, and record openings and distances to lay out areas where construction work will be performed;
- Mix ingredients to create compounds for covering or cleaning surfaces;
- Provide assistance to roofers, lead hand and foreman;
- Perform demolition work and clean up debris;
- Shovel loose material, such as gravel and scraps into wheelbarrows.
Experience and Training
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Knowledge of First Aid and CPR preferred
- Knowledge of appropriate materials, methods, and the tools required in various construction processes
Skills and Expectations
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions
- Ability to readily determine the correct tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
This position Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and exposed to outdoor conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt. This position will also be required to perform various laborious tasks and duties and will be expected to lift objects weighing up to 50lbs. The individual will be expected to be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue.Business Overview
West Pointe is the premier roofing company within the industry and aims to deliver the highest quality and customer service in the commercial roofing and building envelope services industry. ?We deliver reliable roofing systems and services attending to the life cycle costing, technical support, education of the envelope of each project and lives to the terms and conditions of all warranted systems and beyond.Why West Pointe
West Pointe’s main goal is to help organizations achieve success. That is why we go above and beyond to demonstrate our commitment to our customers, ensure the safety of our employees, and protect our communities with the highest degree of integrity and enthusiasm. We are committed to sustainable and ethical growth where you can contribute in a meaningful way.
Start your career at one of Alberta’s leading companies. We are looking for people who have the best to offer and provides the same in return. We offer competitive and comprehensive compensation wages, an industry leading benefits package, tuition re-imbursements, and health & wellness programs.
West Pointe is Alberta’s roofing company – meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. As part of West Pointe’s team, you’ll contribute to the ongoing success of Alberta’s premier roofing company – one with a solid track record for growth, a focus on safety and sustainability, tremendous potential for the future and have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.West Pointe Building Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process.